DR. HOWIE KNOFF'S MASTERCLASS 2 (SINGAPORE PREMIERE)
SCHOOL REFORM: STRATEGIC PLANNING, SHARED LEADERSHIP, AND STUDENT SUCCESS
MASTERCLASS | 16 APR 2019
Strategic planning and organizational development are ongoing processes that have specific stages distributed across the school year. Often tied to districts’ annual budget cycles, strategic planning focuses on the staff and skills, materials and resources, instruction and intervention, and formative and summative evaluations needed to educate a diverse and often complex student body. Ultimately, the goal of the strategic planning process is school, staff, and—especially— student success. Embedded in these discussions will be ways to help districts and schools design and implement shared leadership processes.
Participants will learn about:
‣ The characteristics of effective school and schooling, and their relationship to strategic planning, a shared leadership approach to organizing districts and schools, and— ultimately—how this all relates to student success.
‣ The strategic planning process and its connection to an evidence-based blueprint identifying the essential components that lead to school and student success.
‣ How to conduct needs assessments, stakeholder reviews, resource analyses, and school success audits.
‣ A “Shared Leadership” Blueprint for organizational, staffing, and teacher-leader success.
‣ How to identify strategic goals, and how to develop, implement, and evaluate successful action plans.
‣ The “Seven C’s” of Success: Communication, Caring, Commitment, Collaboration, Consistency, Consultation, and Celebration.
‣ A number of critical “business practices and perspectives” to help schools become more organizationally successful in order to become more educationally successful.
WORLD EDULEAD IS PROUDLY ORGANISED BY: